Invitation to the Sustainable Textile and Leather Forum Budapest
for discussion between social partners to strengthen the contribution toward circular economy and sustainable production in the TCLF sector, exchanging experiences and showing examples for international best practices.
Date: 3rd December 2018 (Monday)
Venue: CORVIN Hotel Budapest
(H-1094 Budapest, Angyal street 31.)
09:00 - 09:30 Registration
09:30 - 09:40 Welcome speeches
Dr Lívia Kokas Palicska and Tamás Keleti, Presidents of Hungarian Social Dialogues for TCLF
09:40 - 10:20 Challenges of sustainability
Dr Gabor Bartus, National Council for Sustainable Development (HU)
10:20 - 11:20 Strategy for sustainable TCLF industry
Dunja DRMAČ, Sustainability Officer, European Apparel and Textile Confederation, EURATEX (BE)
Co-referent: Circularity and innovation in the Hungarian TCLF
Dr Livia Kokas Palicska, President, Association of Light Industry, MKSZ (HU)
11:20 - 11:40 Coffee break
11:40 - 12:40 Successful educational programs and results of the European Sectorial Social Dialogues
• Sustainable textile school
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Holger Cebulla, TU Chemnitz (DE)
• Shake the future of the footwear sector „inmyshoesproject”
Carmen Arias Castellano, Secretary General, European Footwear Confederation, CEC (BE)
• Due diligence for healthy workplaces in the tanning industry
G. Gonzalez-Quijano, Secretary General, The European Leather Association, COTANCE (BE)
12:40 - 13:40 Best practices of sustainability in TCLF
• Reliable tools for transparency in the supply chain and for strengthening the social responsibility and environmental protection by OEKO-TEX® Judith Meyer, OEKO-TEX Association (CH)
• ENTeR – Expert Network on Textile Recycling/Hungarian textile waste management Tamas Krain, Project Manager, INNOVATEXT (HU)
13:40 - 15:00 Lunch, networking
15:00 - 16:30 Companies committed to sustainability and winners of the Hungarian Design Award 2018
• Sustainable production at Naturtex Ltd (HU) and Diamant Ltd (HU)
• Tina Varga, Erika Somfalvi: enemy in the wardrobe (HU)
• Layers shoe collections by Gabriella Veszprémi (HU)
• Zero waste by Alma Vetlényi (HU)
• Minimal wardrobe by Nini Németh (HU)
Official language: English and Hungarian (Simultaneous interpretation is provided)
Designers, representants of textile, garment, leather and shoe manufacturing companies, associations, chambers, students and teachers from schools and universities are welcomed to the forum. Participation is free of charge, but registration is required.
Partner organisation: Hungarian Society of Textile Technology and Science (TMTE).
Registration: Please fill in the attached registration form (available at www.tmte.hu) and send by e-mail to the Secretary of TMTE: titkarsag[at]tmte.hu.
Deadline of registration: 20th November 2018.
(Please be aware that agenda may be subject to change)
The conference organizers gratefully acknowledge the support provided by Confederation of Hungarian Employers and Industrialists.